Runtime Error 13 'Type Mismatch' when importing SBX file

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Leo2789

Runtime Error 13 'Type Mismatch' when importing SBX file

Post by Leo2789 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 am

Hello,

I'm currently undertaking a project of creating some islands that are missing in the FS9 default World scenery. To do so I used SBuilderX's Google maps background feature to draw polygons corresponding to the shape of the island in their correct geographical location.
I then wanted to export these polygons for edit in SBuilderFS9 using the import SBX function.
So far I have tried creating the SBX file with the polygons with no type, and with all of them being type 147 (Legacy_LWM_Land_NoFlatten) but either way I get the aforementioned error in SBuilder9 :/
Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? How (and I assume it's possible since there should be no reason as to why it's not) could I import these polygons to SBuilder9 if not through this method?

Thank you,

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Re: Runtime Error 13 'Type Mismatch' when importing SBX file

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:46 am

Hello Leonardo,

I am not sure if that will solve your problem but during my last revision of SBuilderX 3 months ago, I wrote a small tool to convert SBX files to the old Sbuilder 2.05.

Please check github.com and my luisvsa account.

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:58 am

Hey Luis!

I installed both SBX315 and the covnersion tool as per sugegsted in another forum also, and it worked like a charm, I now have my polygons ready for edit in SBuilder9 :)

Thanks!

PS: any chance you've checked the PTTerrain threads? IS there any way to get the installation of PTT working again? :/

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Hello Leonardo,

As I wrote this week in the Portugal Terrain download page of my website, I need someone to help me in solving the problem as I do not have FS9 anymore. I have 2 solutions:

1 - supply the non encrypted BGLs files as a zip and the user makes the installation manually.

2 - try to change the Setup programme so that it skips the asp pages (new site does not support asp) that deal with activation product codes...

In both cases I need someone to test. If you are interested please write me privately.

Regards, Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:26 am

Hello Leonardo,

Do you speak Portuguese? :) Well I discovered the old Setup programme and was able to remove all the requirements for passwords and codes. If you download from my website (Downloads on the top menu) you get the old zip but inside it you have a FreeSetup.exe. Try this and see if there are problems!

I am making a notice on the Portugal Terrain Forum!

Cumprimentos, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Hey Luis! Sim falo, também sou português! ;)
Mandei-te msg privada e tudo em português!

And yes I have tried installing PTT with this new installer though some error has arisen, the details of which you can read in my posts in the thread http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8939#p8939 ;)

Leonardo

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:31 am

Hey Luis,

On a somewhat related note to the topic title, I tried doing the conversion of an SBuilderX SBX file which contained polygons and lines this time, to Sbuilder205 with the tool provided earlier.
The polygons still work with no issues, but if I try to access the line properties of any line, I get a 'Run-Time Error 5: Invalid Procedure Call or Argument' :/
I set all lines to type "Line_of_type_none" once and another time to "Old_Sbuilder_line_type" which I assumed would be the only compatible types...
Was this assumption wrong and must I select another line type in SBuilderX? If so which?
Or does the SBX file converter from X to 205 only work for polygons and it's 'though luck' for em regarding the conversion of lines? :/

Thanks

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 am

Hello Leonardo,

I just was trying to find my discussion with GaryGB (he asked me to write the convertor) about this back convertor but I could not find it. The properties of Lines and Polys changed when SBuilderX came. Just an example - polys with holes did not existed in SB205. So there was no way to go back. The convertor just uses the properties (lat, lon, alt, color, ..) that it can use in SB205. So lines will loose their type. Sorry! May be an external editor could help you! The geometry is fine!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:30 am

Oi Luís,

Em resposta ao à tua edição no outro thread, devo então entender que não dá mesmo para 'trazer' linhas de um SBX feito com o 315 para o 205, apenas polys? E no caso de polys com buracos feitos no 315? Dará?
Porque se não der para trazer linhas pronto, é mais trabaçho que tenho, mas consigo viver com isso haha, mas trazer os polys com buraco, nesse caso dava imenso jeito!

EDIT: tentei importar para o 205 um ply com buraco e respondi à minha própria pergunta, o poly é importado sem problema mas perde os buracos que lhe tenham sido feitos no SBX315; o que de qualquer forma seria o que eu já estava à espera :/
Mas enfim, lá terei que ter mais trabalho a criar os cenários que pretendo :lol:

Leonardo

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:55 am

Já agora fazia-te então uma outra questão:

Eu criei uma data de polys no SBX315 que representam várias ilhas de um atol no Pacífico que não existe no cenário base do FS9, utilizando o background do google maps. Exportei para SBX file, converti para o 205, importei o SBX file convertido e os polys são editáveis e etc sem problemas!
Criei depois um water poly para fazer de 'base' ao oceano na zona, adicionei Landclass que queria (não existia sequer LC nenhuma naquela zona do globo no FS9), alterei a Waterclass para melhor reflectir as águas claras caraceterísticas dos atóis, e tudo a funcionar no simulador sem problemas.
O próximo passo era agora fazer as coastlines, e aqui surge o meu problema :/

Eu crio uma linha VTP como teste, criando uma costa de uma pequena ilha do atol, escolho o modo assembled, defino o tipo que quero (neste caso ocean / white sand / surf), e defino também o VTP layer 8 (que é o das coastlines certo?) compilo um BGL com a linha VTP, e adiciono ao Addon Scenery do simulador; a costa não aparece na referida ilha :( as ondas (surf) aparecem nalgumas partes mas a costa, esencialmente a linha VTP nem vê-la :/

Porque será que isto acontece?

Leonardo

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Luis Sa wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:47 am
Hello Leonardo,

I just was trying to find my discussion with GaryGB (he asked me to write the convertor) about this back convertor but I could not find it. The properties of Lines and Polys changed when SBuilderX came. Just an example - polys with holes did not existed in SB205. So there was no way to go back. The convertor just uses the properties (lat, lon, alt, color, ..) that it can use in SB205. So lines will loose their type. Sorry! May be an external editor could help you! The geometry is fine!

Regards, Luis
Hi Luis:

Here's a couple of links to the SBX315 Beta Test Forum threads which might be what you were looking for:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2453

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB
Last edited by GaryGB on Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:03 pm

GaryGB wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi Luis:

Here's a couple of links to the SBX315 Beta Test Forum threads which might be what you were looking for:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=15

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2453

I'll test the PTT uninstaller to verify normal FS9 function, and then will test the "CD" installer later today. :)

GaryGB
Hey Gary!

The CD installer worked fine for me! So it should hopefully also work for you!

Also I wrote here to Luis in portuguese another problem I'm having which you might also be able to help with!

In sum:
I created some land mask polys in SBX315 using google maps background to match the outlines of islands contained in an atoll (for that scenery that doens't exist in default FS9 that I mentioned to you in mp in fsdeveloper).
Exported these as SBX, converted to 205 SBX, and imported in SBuilder205. Polys are editable and usable in 205, no issues.
Created water poly 'in the back' as the ocean in that area, having the island polys on top so that the islands can show up in FS9.
Added relevant LandClass and WaterClass to the area. Result was that my islands show up in the sim, with the correct LC and WC around them and everything looks good so far.
Then I move onto creating the coastlines; I test it out by making a line around 1 of the islands, set the line as VTP layer 8 (coastlines correct?), type assembled Ocean/WhiteSand/Surf, compile the bgl and add it to the relevant scenery folders.
My problem; the coastline doesn't show up in the sim :( The surf and waves show up in some parts around the island in the middle of the sea, but my island looks exactly like it did before I added the coastlines :/
Why are they not showing up? Is the VTP line layer incorrect? Because I've tried other numbers such as 7 and the result is the same...
Any ideas?

Thanks

Leonardo

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi Leo:

Does the scenario you refer to in your post immediately above pertain to "Tokelau.zip" ?

BTW: I cannot recall which web forum I downloaded that file from:

* FSDeveloper

...or:

* PTSIM

NOTE: To better understand this FS9 display issue, one needs to see the pertinent BGL files.

GaryGB

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 pm

Hey Gary!

Yes it does, and ypu downloaded them from fsDeveloper

Sure thing, I'll upload all relevant BGL files as soon as I can, I can't do it right now though, but later in the evening will do!
Do you want me to reply here or should I send them to you in mp on FSdev? Just asking because I assume you monitor FSdev more frequently than ptsim no?

And thanks!

Leonardo

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:28 pm

Hi Leo:

If the size of the file set in question is not too large, it may be best to discuss the issue here in this thread, with the possibility of input by Luis Sa' and/or Luis Feliz-Tirado, and perhaps others who use SB205 as well. :idea:

So, perhaps you could ZIP and attach (or link to them) ...here ? :?:

GaryGB