Organizing Objects

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Luis Sa

Organizing Objects

Post by Luis Sa » Tue May 10, 2005 8:48 pm

Hello,

Luis Feliz-Tirado has just send me a file with a list of library objects very well organized in categories. The list was done after the compilation work by Winfried Orthman.

I suggest that you replace the file OBJECTS.TXT with the one made by Luis. There is only a small note - if your present file has your own personal objects, do not forget to add them to the new one. If that is the case you can add a category called [My Personal Objects]. The file can be downloaded here:

http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/objects_lst.zip

Luis

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sun May 15, 2005 9:24 am

Thanks to Luis for taking the trouble of placing this list here. As usual when working on our hobby late at night, it is not surprising to find many errors creeping in. And so it is with this list - I have just found a very glaring mistake that I would like to point out in deference to our host.

I have indicated the Ponte 25 de Abril (ex-Salazar) as being located in Italy. As most people know, including myself!, this fascinating structure crosses the Tagus river and is in the stunningly beautiful city of Lisbon, probably the prettiest city in the world.

My apologies for this and any other mistake in the list.

Best regards.

Luis

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:43 pm

I would just like to caution all users that the list in this thread is not completely accurate. Please do not use it any longer.

I have extensively reviewed all default library objects and compiled a new list. In addition, I have measured all the objects so as to obtain more realistic "footprints", and taken pictures of them all.

This information is available in the latest SBuilder release, SBuilder 2.05 Library Object Pack (sb205objects.zip, in the AvSim library.)

This package also contains the most recent SBuilder program update from Luis de Sá.

Luis included some very nice macros: a brilliantly-conceived fence macro that autotiles, making fence creation extremely simple, and a nice taxiway light macro.

I am presently working on some variants of his great objects - attached is an image of an LED edge light and another of a security wall. Hopefully, it will all be finished soon, then to be placed in the AvSim library for those who might find them of interest.

Best regards.

Luis