Tutorial: Placing 3d Objects using SBuilder

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
scruffyduck

Tutorial: Placing 3d Objects using SBuilder

Post by scruffyduck » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:52 pm

This is the fourth Tutorial in my series on using Sbuilder to design airport scenery. In this one I look at adding objects such as buildings, trees and vehicles to your scenery. I cover how Sbuilder displays information about, and categorizes objects. I show how to use FS default library objects, API macros and RWY12 objects to populate the airfield. Available from my website www.scruffyduck.plus.com and AVSIM

All feedback much appreciated.

Jon

boleyd

Post by boleyd » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:44 pm

THANKS!

Your tutorials are a much needed asset for SBuilder. Since the program does so many things its complexity sometimes has to be sorted out by a non-author person. By offering tutorials you not only reveal the process for the target process but also add to the overall understanding necessary to take advantage of the many other features.

Dick Boley near 5G8

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:42 pm

Hello John,

Great work. Keep them coming. This is a very big contribution to our hobby and is certain to be appreciated by many.

From what I saw, you used the beacons as an example. Nothing wrong with that, but there are some objects that are probably better not being placed in this manner.

Please see:

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az= ... ype=search

The beacons can be placed using very simple xml code; unfortunately, this kind of placement has not yet been implemented in SBuilder, so it must be done manually.

Best regards.

Luis

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:55 am

Hi Luis

Many thanks for the feedback. I used the beacon so that I could demonstrate placing one object on top of another. I will take a look at your post on beacons.

There will be a short break on tutorials - I am working on a object manager program similar to my API Manager which will 'manage' FS9 objects

best regards

Jon