VTP input into a GIS

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
JPHespanha

VTP input into a GIS

Post by JPHespanha » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:45 am

Dear Fellows:

Anyone has tried to export VTP elements (which format?) into a Geographic Information System such as ArcGIS or Geomedia, or even a Cartographic Design program as MicroStation or AutoCad?

My idea is to publish a sort of map with the actual location of the VTP elements, in such a way that can help pilots do their VFR flights following the new scenery elements.

JP Hespanha
---------------------
NBL3007; IVAO: 117151

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:15 pm

Ola,

Harald Kraft has released some tools for Fly II, among which can be found one that extracts VTP data to a shapefile. I have not tried it, but it might be useful for you.

Best regards.

Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi,

SBuilder exports VTP data (lines and polys) in BLN format. BLN is a simple ASCII text format that many GIS programmes can read. If not, you can use a "wordprocessor edit" in the BLN to transform it in an acceptable TXT format that your GIS can read.

Please search this forum with the keyword BLN.

Regards, Luis

JPHespanha

Post by JPHespanha » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:01 pm

Thanks for the advice! I will try out the BLN to Shapefile hypothesis into ArcGIS software. If I find any working method, I will post results in this topic.

JP Hespanha
---------------------
NBL3007; IVAO: 117151