Apologies to Luis: code -9999 works!

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
JPHespanha

Apologies to Luis: code -9999 works!

Post by JPHespanha » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:19 pm

I most retract myself for blaming SBuilder on the generation of 3D spikes on the border of LWM polygons (VTP2 or 3), caused by the use of the -9999 code for "mesh snap".

In fact, this code is working fine, and my results were caused by editing errors. Shame on me![:o)]

If we set (on LWM tab) the altitude of all points as -9999, the resulting polygon will adhere to the mesh surface. All the VTP texturized polygons we put afterhoods within its limits will also snap to the mesh. Those (Class) textures which have autogen objects will extract mesh height for those objects as well. It works fine for trees, not so for buildings if the slope is high. This, however, is a FS problem, not from SBuilder.

My error came from the fact that I set the -9999 code on a point basis, so at the end some points got a 0 value. I could have checked the mistake on the Point tab, in the highest and lowest value, but I was not so advanced at that time.

I will also publish this notice on Aerovirtual Forum (in Portuguese).

I hope Luis will forgive me for my errors.

SBuilder is in fact a wonderfull program and it deserves all our positive efforts for greater publicity and audience.[:)]

JP Hespanha
---------------------
NBL3007; IVAO: 117151