A few more questions about .scm file

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
ponyboy

A few more questions about .scm file

Post by ponyboy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:44 am

Hi Luis, maybe you can give me some input on what I am seeing.

Because I get "blurries" when I compile Hi-Res using SBuilder I am trying a few other ideas for better results. Basically, from your SBuilder .scm file I am taking the REF POINT coordinates of the LOD 13 texture. I then input those into a SCASM generated file created by Airport For Windows. I am also uing the 1024 textures that SBuilder creates.

The results I get are not what I expected (Ha! surprise). What I see are the textures are not properly placed in FS9 (close but not correct) even though I used the SBuilder generated reference points.

The 2nd thing I notice right off is the photo texture appears to be "skewed" if you understand my meaning. Some roads which are straight normally are angled a bit. For example a road which follows a shoreline perfectly straight is angled slowly away from the shoreline.

I can adjust the SCALE in the Ref Point. When I input 5.95 the two LOD13 textures I am testing with match up together perfectly BUT they are way out of scale. If I reduce the scale to something like 2.75 the size of each texture shrinks and there is a large gap now between the two textures.

Besides the issues I am seeing above I guess I am asking if both programs use SCASM to generate a bgl, why am I seeing such different in the results?

One more thing. In your .scm file I noticed the V1 in the Ref Point is 5000. When I changed that to 30000 I reduces alot of the blurries from re-appearing... not 100% fixed - too bad cause then I could just use SBuilder.

Is there a way to change the distance visibility within SBuilder or must I still manually edit the file.

I know...many questions but any input would be helpful. Oh and oh yes, this if for FS2004.

Thx

Clutch
Project 9 Dragons