Shorelines and large lake

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
hefy_jefy

Shorelines and large lake

Post by hefy_jefy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:35 am

Hi all,

I am feeling my way here one mistake at a time! I have modified a large lake. In order for everything to tie in with the existing scenery it was necessary to `change the outline, remove the shorelines, change the lake level and finally re create the new shoreline. The mistake comes at the very end, but I would grateful if anybody can tell me if I am doing this correctly!
First I drew the new lake as a water polygon, set the new altitude and excluded the shorelines.
Then I found that this hadn't worked as I wanted, there were huge bumps in the water. So I copied and pasted the water polygon and created a flatten poly placed exactly over the original water poly, - much better!
Now I found that could copy and paste the poly a second time again pasting it over the original poly, but this time changing it to a line and making the line be the shoreline that I wanted...

The effect is almost exactly what I need BUT the shoreline is the wrong way around! The question is, how to reverse the shoreline without going through the whole process again?

Geoff