Problems opening SBuilderX313.....

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
larshgf

Problems opening SBuilderX313.....

Post by larshgf » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Hi,

I am using Windows 7 (Home Premium - 64 bit).
I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of SBuilderX (SBuilderX313). When I try to start the program I I get a "SBuilderX - Globally Exception:

"Acces to the path "C:\Program Files(x86)\SCuilderX313\Tools\shp2ve.exe" was denied.

This was an unexpected error that can lead to unredictable results. If you press NO SBuilderX wil shut down. If you press YES you can continue to work at your own risk. Do you want to continue?"

Then pressing YES *I open the program SBuilderX but imidiately (without doing anything) I get a new "SBuilderX - Globally Exception:"

"The arrithmic action created an overflow.

This was an unexpected error that can lead to unredictable results. If you press NO SBuilderX wil shut down. If you press YES you can continue to work at your own risk. Do you want to continue?"

When I press YES SBuilderX is "shut down" by Windows!!
Can you tell me what is wrong here? Do I miss some other program or is SBuilderX not made for Windows 7 ?

Greetings
Lars DK

rhumbaflappy

Re: Problems opening SBuilderX313.....

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:47 pm

In Vista, you generally do not place files in 'Program Files', as that is supposed to be reserved for system programs. So you might uninstall, then reinstall to a newly created folder... such as C:\MyPrograms\

If that doesn't do it, then you may need to be sure you have administrative rights to run the program. Or you may need to be sure it is run as a 32-bit program.

Sorry, I don't have Vista or 7, but I have read many cases of problems for a variety of fs tools.

Please post if you solve the problem, as it may help others.

Dick
Dick

larshgf

Post by larshgf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:00 pm

I followed your advise and succeded in installing the program. However - when I try to start SBuilderX I get this error message:

SBuilderX

Some textures referred to in polys.txt, lines.txt, lands.txt, or water.txt could not be copied into the \Tools\Bmps\folder!

Wonder what this means? Will SBuilder not function correctly now?

BR
Lars

rhumbaflappy

Post by rhumbaflappy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 pm

When SBuilderX starts, it copies/converts some textures from the default FSX folders into the \SBuilderX313\Tools\Bmps\ folder. Apparently your install failed to do this. My install has 413 textures in this folder.

You can grab a copy my folder here:

http://cid-f3950c5bbd2bcfa1.skydrive.li ... E_Bmps.zip

Dick
Dick

larshgf

Post by larshgf » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:51 am

Thank you very much Dick. Appreciate your help!
I hope I will be able to do some photorealistic sceneries of a few greek islands using SBuilderX. I've seen your browserprg Rhumbamap. I have to find how much zoom I'm going to use in order to get a proper bmp-file for SBuilderX!

BR
Lars