Why are there missing files??

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Alky

Why are there missing files??

Post by Alky » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 pm

I've tried to install Sbuilder a number of times over the last few years and every time, there are files missing that Sbuilder seems to need that I don't have! I just downloaded and installed version 3.13, I would have thought by now that this software would have the required files included, but no such luck. It doesn't make sense to force a user of the software to have to track down files for it to work!!

If anyone has a suggestion of where to look for these files instead of just meandering all over the internet for them, I would appreciate it, thanx!

This is what I get when I try to run the software...
George "Alky" Fisher

Harutoshi Nakagawa

Re: Why are there missing files??

Post by Harutoshi Nakagawa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:54 am

You must install SDK which is in Disk1 in case of FSX first.
SDK_SP2 of packing together is installed in FSX_Acceleration more.
Then, if SBX313 is started, it can start without problem.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:36 am

The Flight Simulator Software Development Kit contains the proprietary files that are used to make add-ons for the game. These tools are copyrighted and belong to Microsoft - they may not legally be distributed by third parties anymore than Flight Simulator could be distributed along with SBuilderX.

If you purchased a legal copy of Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, then you have always had those tools at your disposal. Simply search for the S.D.K. on the installation disks and install it. SBuilderX will normally find the path to those tools when first run, or you can indicate the path in the dialogue that you show.

The following is from the SBuilderX Help file:

Requirements
SBuilderX requires that certain programs be installed without which it will not function correctly.

Software
Flight Simulator X must be correctly installed and exist in the Registry.
The Flight Simulator X S.D.K. (Software Development Kit) must be installed so that SBuilderX can access its various tools.
Note: SBuilderX will not stop working if Flight Simulator X is not present in the system. You can, for example, place macros, place FS9 Library objects, place textured lines or polygons or getting maps for your reference.

Best regards.
Luis

Alky

Post by Alky » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:55 am

luisfeliztirado wrote: If you purchased a legal copy of Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, then you have always had those tools at your disposal. Simply search for the S.D.K. on the installation disks and install it. SBuilderX will normally find the path to those tools when first run, or you can indicate the path in the dialogue that you show.
Best regards.
Luis
Thank you Luis, I have the Deluxe version of FSX as well as the Acceleration Pack. I installed SDK from disk 1 of FSX and then found an update on the Acceleration disk called SP1a which I installed. That seemed to make Sbuilder happy. Now all I have to do is try and make some sense of SB LOL. Thanx again, much appreciated :)
George "Alky" Fisher