Making Holes?

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
macklinbob

Making Holes?

Post by macklinbob » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:31 am

I am having a problem making holes.

First I make a water poly. Then I make a poly inside of it. I right click on the edge of the inner poly and select "make a hole".

I then get prompted to select the parent poly. I left click on the edge of the parent poly and it's points get highlighted. But nothing else happens. And the message to select the parent poly never goes away.

Bob Macklin
Seattle, Wa.

teutonique

Re: Making Holes?

Post by teutonique » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:53 am

Hi,
Are you sure that's you are in mode "make poly" (all polygones must in red highlighted) ?
If not, it's normal.
(sorry for my english...)
Regards,
Marcel "Teutonique" W.

macklinbob

Post by macklinbob » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks, that worked for putting an island in a lake on a land mass.

Is it possible to make an island in an ocean without removing the ocean? "Remove all water polygons" seems to remove the entire tile.

teutonique

Post by teutonique » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:06 am

Hi,
It's not possible: you cannot find the parent poly to make the hole... (or you must disassemble the FSX original poly and change it, possible but not interessant because you must redistribute this new bgl with the original name and if any conceptors make this, any new change erase the before changing).
Regards,
Marcel "Teutonique" W.

shedman51

Post by shedman51 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:53 am

I have a kit here with a complete island. It was made with the earlier version of SBX so you need to edit the properties so it saves to your new work folder.
Alan
www.alanblencowe.com/FSX_Design/FSX_SBuilderX.htm