can't get tiles for photoscenery

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
gera

can't get tiles for photoscenery

Post by gera » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:45 am

Hi, I have SbuilderX 3.13 but I cant get to the tiles servers. On the menu when I click right mouse key the "Background" menu does not appear, I only get " Center, Fly aircrfat Here, Zoom in, Zoom out and Properties...and in the File Menu, the Add Map From Background" is NOT clickable.....What's wrong __?? I remember having a version that gave me all this.....Thank You
gera

rhumbaflappy

Re: can't get tiles for photoscenery

Post by rhumbaflappy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:16 am

Edit|Preferences menu... Select the tile server. Then check the box for "Use Google Satellite?", or whatever server you want to use.

Then you can choose View|Show Background.

Dick
Dick

gera

Post by gera » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:46 pm

rhumbaflappy wrote:Edit|Preferences menu... Select the tile server. Then check the box for "Use Google Satellite?", or whatever server you want to use.

Then you can choose View|Show Background.

Dick
Thanks Dick, that solved the situation...I went ahead and set up a map and compiled an area. When I fly over it, as I approach it, squares start to "disappear!!!!!...Is the area too large???, sorry for so many questions but am beginning to try photo scenery and it is quite mysterious... :shock:
gera

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am

As mentioned in the SDK:

Default land class textures will be used if the terrain system cannot find photo-imagery at LOD13 (5 meters per pixel) or greater detail. This can lead to default textures appearing when photo-imagery is desired. To ensure that the LOD13 requirement is met, consider using LOD=Auto,13 in the [Destination] section of the .inf file.

So, you should use higher resolution Maps to make your scenery.

Best regards.
Luis

Davidbutler

Post by Davidbutler » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:59 pm

Luis

Where is this .inf file please

Dave Butler

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Hello Dave,

If you are using SBuilderX, then you should get higher resolution images if you are having this problem. It is the easiest and best solution.

If higher resolution images are not available, then the inf file can be modified - this document will be in the Work folder along with the bitmap image (the "Map") that is used to create the textures. However, you will have to manually create the bgl by placing Resample.exe in the same directory and dragging the inf file onto Resample.

Best regards.
Luis

Davidbutler

Post by Davidbutler » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:33 pm

Luis

Thank you

Dave