Problems after installing ground environment X

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
arthur

Problems after installing ground environment X

Post by arthur » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 pm

The Europe and North America ground environment are excellent texture files but they take away many of the original FSX tiles for dry regions. I can not find an easy way of incorporating both sets of WORLD tectures and then changing from the new set of textures to the original set when flying in Africa instead of Europe. Any ideas??. There are two tiles I particularly wish to retain. The one is LC63- Wooded tundra , texture file 14b2su1 etc. When replacing this original texture in this file the original texture base appears correctly when running FSX, but there are now numerous autogen pine trees superimposed. Where do I find the modified autogen file to remove these pine trees???? I thought it was the default.html folder in FSX\Autogen \ but it is not. Can someone please help me. I have had great fun using Sbuilder for
improving the scenery in Southern Africa. It is an excellent programme. :?:

meshman

Re: Problems after installing ground environment X

Post by meshman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 am

What does GEX have to do with SBX? :lol:

So, another set of textures commandeered for payware profits huh? Still waiting for the dirt textures to be returned to dirt in GEX, instead of something that looks like a cat coughed it up...

Any way, you could look into setting up batch files for each of the areas that are having texture issues. The Africa batch file would copy the "Africa" version of the texture files, start FSX, then delete the texture files upon closing the sim. The NA/Euro batch file would do the same, except it would copy the "Europe" version of the files. Or if you didn't want to do a copy and delete, you could do a renaming of the files to the FSX norms prior to starting and then renaming when exiting.

I don't recall about the modified .AGN files for GEX, but there should be backups of the default .AGN files. These could be made a part of the batch files mentioned above.

Don't you just love when payware developers decide their product takes precedence over default or other payware?
Lance

arthur

Re: Problems after installing ground environment X

Post by arthur » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks very much, this does not have anything to do with Sbuilder but I knew I would get a fast and
useful comment here. I have taken note of whay you said, thankyou. If I am not successful I shall go
back to the default textures.