Out of memory

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
tom_soier

Out of memory

Post by tom_soier » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Hi, all!
I have a trouble witch blocked all my work...
I can't understand why SBuilderX313 consumes so much memory on my computer. Especially when I drag a map or just open a Land Class Tool. And as a result "Out of memory" error. My system is Windows 7 32bit
I was searching through some forums but didn't find the answer...
Please, could somebody help me?
Attachments
69.jpg
68.jpg

Luis Sa

Re: Out of memory

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello Tom,

I am sorry for the problem. SBuilderX was developed using Visual Studio 2005 and dotNet and images as represented internally as 4 bytes per pixel. On some operations (I am not a professional programmer) such as the one that you refer to (panning a map) I needed to have 2 copies of the map in memory. It is impossible for me to revise this tool. I am sure that the memory usage of SBuilderX would be one of the key points to revise.

Kind Regards, Luis

tom_soier

Post by tom_soier » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Thank you, for the response! And for the SBuilderX!
And I would like to precise - the more LC I add, the more memory are using. Up to about 800.000K and than the error occurs. But there isn't error if I draw only roads or poly.
So, is there any temporary decision for me at this moment? May be, to use low resolution maps?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello,

Yes, the memory problem normally comes from the maps. Please use low resolution maps. Or partial maps that you delete when not needed on the region that you are working on.

Best Regards, Luis

tom_soier

Post by tom_soier » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:32 pm

Luis Sa wrote:Hello,

Or partial maps that you delete when not needed on the region that you are working on.

Best Regards, Luis
This is a good idea! Thank you!

tom_soier

Post by tom_soier » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:13 am

It's strange...
I deleted the map from my project but despite it, memory is still using a lot. Every time I add, delete or change each square of LC, the amount of using memory rise up to 800,000K, hold a little bit and than go down to about 30,000K. I guess, if I add another part of map it will be crash.

roger-wilco-66

Post by roger-wilco-66 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:50 pm

I also had severe memory problems before (overload on vertices on coastlines) and solved this by breaking the projects down in separate work units.
Worked like a charm then!

Cheers,
Mark
Development of historical sceneries for FSX and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Simulators

My scenery development galleries:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH