Okavango Delta

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
old grey dog

Okavango Delta

Post by old grey dog » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 am

Hi I am returning to SBX after quite a break. I have to say that I never got really deep into it before, just creating photoscenery using the "background/compile" function and creating freeway line (I would call them strings) to make the terrain more animated.
I am looking at a new project now.
Having seen the TV series "Bush Pilots" set in Botswana's Okavango Delta, I looked at the FSX depiction of this area. Only one of the many airfields in the series are show. (So far looking on Google I've found well over 30).
I am in the process of creating photoscenery for the area and have created the majority of the airstrips. I woudl welcome some assistance on the following: - being a delta there are numerous water courses and pools as the terrain is very flat I think Tha I will be relatively safe using terrain following hydropoly's - how do I do this? Also I'd like to introduce some wild life - does anyone know how I can get/make animated giraffe, elephants, lions, antelope, etc.

ananda

Re: Okavango Delta

Post by ananda » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:35 am

Mesh-clinging hydro-polygons are effected by creating a tiff from the photo bmp with the land as white and water black and adding a Channel_LandWaterMask pointing to the tiff in the .inf file. You can then add an arbitrary hydro poly covering the whole region.
George

old grey dog

Re: Okavango Delta

Post by old grey dog » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Thanks for that ...I'll try that...taking a rest from Okavango just now to get on with a virtual round the world flight.