SBX 3.14 Undo/Redo

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update for 64-bit Windows platforms.
gadgets

SBX 3.14 Undo/Redo

Post by gadgets » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:29 pm

I've been using 3.14 to touch-up a couple of my airports. I'm pleased to see that, unlike its predecessor, it remembers non-default project locations. However:
  • *the undo/redo icons don't seem to work, and

*attempting to load a landclass-only .sbp file prepared with 3.13 (and which still loads uneventfully with 3.13) results in the message "No top object. This was an unexpected error ...". Other 3.13-prepared .sbp files are OK.
Regarding the last issue, Luis, while I'm sure such messages are meaningful to you, it would really be helpful if they provided enough information - either in the message itself or in an explanatory section in the manual - for the user to understand what's wrong and, perhaps, do something about it. I have no idea what is a "top object". 3.13 issued a number of such mysterious messages which, I suspect, remain in 3.14.

Don

rhumbaflappy

Re: SBX 3.14 Undo/Redo

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:49 pm

The undo/redo is controlled by a checkbox under the Edit|Preferences popup. It is also controlled by the INI, I believe as BackupOn=True ( or False ).

Old SBP files are not guaranteed to work. But perhaps Luis can look at this when he returns in late September.

Dick
Dick

gadgets

Re: SBX 3.14 Undo/Redo

Post by gadgets » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:09 am

Thanks for the quick reply, Dick. I can confirm that Undo/redo works after checking the box under preferences. I wonder why Luis felt that step necessary. It certainly isn't intuitive.
Old SBP files are not guaranteed to work.
I hope this is not intentional, since 3.13 and 3.14 can't easily co-exist on the same system. They both appear to use the same registry entries.

Also, further to my earlier post, I have now confirmed that 3.14 will accept some landclass-only files prepared by 3.13.

Don