ESRI Shape files not happening

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update for 64-bit Windows platforms.
zulfiqar

Re: ESRI Shape files not happening

Post by zulfiqar » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:45 am

Luis,

Ouch, that hurts, I had that when I tried to take away the food from my aunt's cat and it was lightning fast and my pinky was cut open.

Roger, I will try the suggestion posted by you.

Rgds.

zulfiqar

Post by zulfiqar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:54 am

Luis,

Hope your hands are better.

I am still confused about that flatten thing not sure I understand. The other issue is the shapefile roads are seen in the rivers / lakes so should I use exclude all terrain items on them ? that would be too much because it's the whole of India.

Rgds.

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:44 pm

1. Flattens- you used an All-Terrain Exclusion to eliminate the default Hydro Polygons. This Exclusion gets rid of everything that is part of the default terrain, including Roads and Airport Flattens.

Flattens at airports, among other things, prevent autogen vegetation and buildings from displaying on airport grounds.

As part of your project, draw new Airport Flattens to replace those that were excluded.

Important: please do not forget to give the Flattens an altitude, which must be the same as the airport reference altitude.

2. Your new roads are in the default lakes for the same reason they were in the default ocean - inaccurate Hydro Polygons. The solution is the same - exclude the default lakes and create new, more accurate versions.

I suppose that your project only covers the area of Mumbai, not all of India, so:

1. Only create new roads for Mumbai, not the entire country, and
2. only replace the inaccurate lakes within the area of your project.

Typed with one finger! :lol:

Best regards.
Luis

zulfiqar

Post by zulfiqar » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Haha at least the finger is Ok. These cats are too quick in a blink of an eye.

I am doing whole of India. I have all the forests / roads / railways done, just need to get the roads off the water as much many rivers / lakes I can and if time permits. But I am seeing something weird , don't know if it's because of Sbuilderx or the because of the mesh that I made of LOD11 , the autogen like buildings are floating in the air. But the mesh looks excellent with the forests.

The mountains of Xplane are the best though.

I removed all the autogen including the default textures from the south of Bombay , will add some stuff , so a little experiment happening.

Will keep ya updated.

Rgds.