Red Areas On Photoscenery

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update for 64-bit Windows platforms.
fleahead

Red Areas On Photoscenery

Post by fleahead » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm getting patches of red on my photo scenery. It is mainly on rooftops or other areas that have a lot of white. I am using photoshop to create my blend mask. I don't use any water masks. These red "blobs" do not appear anyplace the mask is used or any water appears.

luisfeliztirado

Re: Red Areas On Photoscenery

Post by luisfeliztirado » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Hello,

This is a well-known problem and is documented in the Photoscenery tutorial linked at the top of the normal SBuilderX forum.

In short, in order to eliminate the red patches, you should eliminate all pure white areas in your source image. They interact with the Blend Mask and, probably because of a bug in the SDK tools, result in red areas in the final scenery.

Import the source image into any good image editing program. Use a Color Picker and select all pure white pixels with a Color Select tool. Then, simply vary the color so that it is not pure white. The modification does not have to be large, for example, change from RGB=255,255,255 to 254,255,255 or something along those lines and the red will disappear.

Best regards.
Luis