missing textures

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Madeira Islands. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
Vercammen

missing textures

Post by Vercammen » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:39 am

I hadn't flown from/to Madeira/Porto Santo for a while but when I tried yesterday and today I found the PTSIM textures to be missing. I can only see default ones. Depending on which runway I select, I sometimes even don't see the PTSIM airport buildings but just default ones. I suspect some conflict with add-on scenery but don't know for sure. Maybe you can help out?

Vercammen

Post by Vercammen » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:16 am

I did an uninstall and re-install today, to find that the textures were back but now the Madeira airport is gone and the follow-me car and a bus are floating in the air! Help please!

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:48 am

Hello Dan,

Sorry for not seeing this request! I suggest that you check what is different. I do not know of sceneries conflicting with Madeira. I also suggest that you read carefully the description about the install process. Every file that the installer modifies or backups is clearly referred to. Before installing, go to the folders and check that those files are present and that no other 3rd party has removed them. Also try to read the scenery.cfg with a text editor. In conclusion, try to put things in default state by manually inspecting you system. Then run "Setup Uninstall" followed by "setup Install". An uninstalling before installing cost you 30 seconds and can solve some situations.

Good luck, and return here until we solve the problem!

Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:16 am

Hello Dan,

Sorry for the LOCK!

Regarding your problem I am almost sure that it is a conflict with something else! Please check this:

http://www.ptsim.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=126

You are the person who can tell what are the addons for that region that are installed on your computer!

I keep looking to hear from you ...

Luis

Vercammen

Post by Vercammen » Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:24 am

I have just downloaded the AFCAD/AI file and will try if that makes a difference for the floating bus and follow-me car. But that won't take care of the missing airports. I suspect a conflict with Canary Islands Scenery by FSPlanet, which is in the same area and also contains mesh and scenery files that on my pc create very odd situations (a 'folded' sea, a rectangular island, etc. in the Lanzarote area). I'm still waiting for their reply on how to fix these. If I get a reply (and a solution) it might also solve the PTSIM scenery problem. If any of you reading this have similar problems or bright ideas, please react/help.

Vercammen

Post by Vercammen » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:59 pm

The AFCAD file sort of lowered the bus and follow-me car, i.e. they are still floating a little. I wonder where the airports have gone. Where can I find them among the Madeira files?