ICAO CODES LPMA & LPPS

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Madeira Islands. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
Luis Sa

ICAO CODES LPMA & LPPS

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:00 am

Dear Madeira Islands users (that took the update FS2004),

In order to get AI aircraft, ATC and the list of airports in the main GoTo menu, you can:

1) rename the file AP943200.PTS back to AP943200.BGL. This file is found in ../scenery/afri/scenery

2) place the following BGLs in the Madeira scenery folder

http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/lpmax1.bgl
http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/lppsx1.bgl

Be careful: AI paths are not OK and in LPPS the AI aircraft are floating in the air. However some of you may prefer this setting until we issue the final patch.

Luis Sá

ChristianM

Post by ChristianM » Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:10 pm

Hello Luis !

I have send an email regarding this topic, but there was no response. So I ask it again now here in the forum:

I have done all you mentioned above, but every time when I rename the *.pts file back to *.bgl my FS crashes. In the phase of loading the airport I came back to my desktop. After renaming back to *.pts everything works again.

BUT I want back my ATC and my AI-traffic. Without that the airport is not usefull for me.

It was the best scenery i have seen in FS2002, please help me that I m happy again with your great work in FS2004.

Greetings from Germany

Christian

edetroit

Post by edetroit » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:29 am

Hi Luis, I hope the fix works!....I've really been missing my flights to Funchal!

regards

Ed[:)]

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:46 am

Hello Edward,

The fix has the limitations as I wrote in this thread. The main problem, in my opinion, is AI aircraft floating in the air in Porto Santo.

But AFCAD2 should be out soon and I hope it will be easier to fix things.

Kind Regards, Luis

edetroit

Post by edetroit » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:29 pm

Hi Luis, I would not mind ai floating for the moment....but I cannot even get that far!....I have the same problem as Christian in the earlier post with your scenery crashing to the desktop after changing the .pts back to .bgl......I would so love to have my ai back! [:)]
......can you check your temporary fix mebbee...?

regards

Ed

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:49 am

Hello Ed,

I had my Madeira Islands as SETUP2004 leaves it. I renamed AP943200.PTS (which was the original MS file named AP943200.BGL) back to AP943200.BGL. I initiated FS9 and checked that Madeira was appearing back on the GoTo Airport List (a feature encoded inside AP943200.BGL). I saw the ATC window gain on my screen. I noticed that several ramp polygons were flashing which means that the new AFD file format (AP943200.BGL) also includes visual information. Then, I exited FS9 and I downloaded lpmax1 and lppsx1 BGLs and placed them in the Madeira scenery folder. I started FS9 again and went to Madeira. Now the mixing between default objects and Madeira Islands' ones was not there. The default ones were excluded. I spent about 3 or five minutes in slew mode and made a fast takeoff to see if FS9 crashes.

As it was OK I opened the SETUP source to check the part where the programme changes the name of AP943200.BGL to AP943200.PTS. I was looking to see if I made a mistake. But I can see anything wrong. SETUP just renames the file.

Therefore I do not understand what could be causing the problem as the renaming that I suggest you to do, only brings the original file back to its place!

The only thing that I can think is any tool, addon or whatever that you have and that I do not have. But here I can only say that I keep my system as "general purpose" as I can in order to simulate support situations like this one.

I am writing what I have done as extensively as I can in the hoping that, when you read it, you discover anything that is different from what I have done.

If you are online you can try to contact me at luis_v_sa@hotmail.com.

Kind Regards, Luis

edetroit

Post by edetroit » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:18 pm

Hi Luis, basically Madeira does not appear on the go to airport list
after renameing the bgl and rebooting i guess this is where the problem is.

regards

Ed

edetroit

Post by edetroit » Mon Oct 20, 2003 8:07 pm

Also the email addy you have posted does not work either! LOL[:)]

regards Ed

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:16 pm

Hello Edward,

Yes - if you turn AP943200.BGL inactive by renaming it (SETUP does that) you loss LPMA and LPPS on the GoTo Airport under the "Search default Scenery" list! But they appear on "Seach add-on Scenery"!

Regards, Luis

harryone

Post by harryone » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:37 am

Dear Luis,

[:)] Have you any Idea when the update for Maderia Islands will be forthcoming ? i.e. now that afcad 2 is available will you be releasing an update soon ?

many thanks,

harryone ( New member)

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:16 am

Hello,

It has been published today. Please go to our support page!

Regards, Luis