Hard to get a hold of!

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Madeira Islands. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
Tyler

Hard to get a hold of!

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:52 am

Luis-

I have been sending e-mails like crazy trying to get a hold of someone with PTSim, I have lost my download information that I got for the orignial installation of the LPMA scenery. My name is Tyler Johnson, and my old e-mail was ijettyler@attbi.com if you need more info let me know... Unless you could explain how to install manually, either way..

I think I have all the required files on disk here, just not the installer... Im trying to update to FS2004 version...

Tyler

José Fortuna

Post by José Fortuna » Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:22 pm

Dear Tyler,

Luis is currentely unavailable and he might be having difficulty checking his mailbox.

According to the instructions in the update package you do not need to download again the scenery. You should have your original ZIP file. The download link is only valid for a few days right after you buy it.

Please have a look at the readme file included in the update package and follow the instructions carrefuly. Basically it involves adding the new files distributed in the update package to the original distribution files and running a new version of the setup program. Everything else should be the same.

Please let me know if you have any further difficulties.

Cheers

José Fortuna

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:43 pm

Jose-

I do not have that original zip file, it was lost in a harddrive crash. That is my problem, and from what I gather I will not be able to re-download the original zip file? I truely hope that is not the case, this was the best scenery I had ever found!

Tyler

José Fortuna

Post by José Fortuna » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:05 pm

Dear Tyler,

Unfortunately I have no way to generate a new download link at the moment. That is generated automatically by the payment process or Luis needs to do it himself.

So in this case you need to wait until Luis is back. In the meantime send him a email with your costumer details (product code) and wait for his reply.

It is very important that you keep backups of products that you buy over the internet. In some cases you might have problems downloading the files again. I doubt that Microsoft would send you new FS CD's if you loose the originals.

I hope you understand and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this might be causing.

Cheers

José Fortuna

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:15 am

Jose-

I guess I just figured that like most sites, this one gave access to those files by logging in, or entering some customer info and going to a true support page. I guess I was wrong so yes, this time I will be backing it up.

Tyler

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:30 am

Dear Tyler,

I am terrible sorry for not answering your emails as fast as I would like.

I will send you the link privately to download the ZIP in few minutes after writing this.

Luis (in Rio de Janeiro)