SBuilder FS9 Problem creating Mesh

General discussion about Scenery Design. Questions about SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004.
Leo2789

SBuilder FS9 Problem creating Mesh

Post by Leo2789 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:17 am

I was hoping someone could shed some light on what I'm doing wrong here.
I'm trying to create some Mesh BGL's for Futuna & Alofi islands in the French overseas department of Wallis & Futuna. I downloaded the relevant SRTM .hgt files from this 'website' https://dds.cr.usgs.gov/srtm/version1/Australia/ and proceeded to convert them to bmp and merge them in Sbuilder, followed by calibrating the resulting map to the right coordinates. So far so good!
I then select Mesh tool, and pick the LOD8 tiles i want to include in the mesh bgl (there's 2 of them) selecting both LOD8 and LOD9, as I'm really interested in a LOD9 mesh resolution. Then i select both mesh tiles, compile them which works like a charm, and put them in my addon scenery folder. So supposedly everything checks out right? Well I load up FS2004, go to the only airstrip those islands have which is on Futuna island (ICAO: NLWF) and the mesh is exactly the same as the FS9 default one!! Why did nothing change? What am I doing wrong? If someone could help me I'd be extremely grateful!
I followed this tutorial to make my mesh bgl's: http://michael-schaeuble.de/tutorials/s ... enery.html
I can provide everything someone might need to help me! the hgt, bmp, final BGL & project files!

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Re: SBuilder FS9 Problem creating Mesh

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:25 am

Hello Leonardo,

I am not able to help since I do not use FS anymore. I hope someone can answer your problem. I wonder if you already check Fsdeveloper.com where there is also a forum for Terrain Scenery.

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:49 am

Olá Luis!

Yes I have already checked various forums, fsdev, avsim and haven't found any thread regarding my problem :/
I also asked this same question on fsdeveloper's forum, so I'm hoping either there or here someone can shed some light on this problem.

Thank you!

Leonardo

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello,

It is hard to say why you see no difference from the default mesh, but there are a few possibilities that come to mind.

1. Is the SRTM source different from what is used in the default mesh? You can compare the two files in TMFViewer, I think. Just load both bgls and switch from one to the other to see if you notice any differences.

2. If there is a major difference but it does not display correctly, then perhaps your in-game Scenery Settings are set too low. Please check there and make sure that you are allowing the display of higher resolution mesh.

Best regards.
Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:58 am

Olá Luis (presumo que também sejas português ou brasileiro! :) ) and thank you for your reply!

My fs9.cfg configurations for [TERRAIN] are like this so I don't think that's the problem (since I see LOD 11 mesh i have installed in other parts of the world):
TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000
TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=100.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21

Unfortunately I can't install TMFViewer since I don't have FSX SP2 (or FSX at all, just FS9)
And believe me I've tried installing it anyway I can so I can check if it's a problem with the mesh information placement :/

Leonardo

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:18 am

Hello:

Interested readers may wish to follow a thread for this topic also opened at FSDeveloper forum: :idea:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/posts/782909/

GaryGB

fl220

Re: SBuilder FS9 Problem creating tiles

Post by fl220 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:35 pm

Hello,

I need your help. And I ask if you could spare your precious time to consider my request.
I am trying to create airport background photoscenery of FZAA airport , for FS2004.

I have used FS Earth Tiles to download image background . But I am using Sbuilder for FS2004 to create the tiles.
However, I am getting errors when using Sbuilder and each time when I try to start FS2004.

See attached pdf file to find errors I am getting, on pages: 1, 2,
is the selection correct on pages 3 and 5?
see page 7, for error when starting FS2004

I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what I should do to avoid these errors

Thank you for your time and consideration,
FL220
Attachments
SBuilder_ error).pdf
(890.6 KiB) Downloaded 853 times