Turning Appended Shapes into FSX roads with traffic

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Claviateur

Turning Appended Shapes into FSX roads with traffic

Post by Claviateur » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Hi,

I downloaded a shape file that is extracted from an OSM and featuring the roads in a specific region...

Now it loads in Sbuilderx and I can select lines etc... Now how can I make Sbuilderx convert all those lines representing the region's roads into FSX roads , lanes, two ways etc... Of course it will take forever to edit a line by line especialy that the lines are not big continous ones but they cut...

When I Appended the shape there was some options like Type, Name etc... Is there anything specific to choose?

Thanks for helping!
Cheers
Michel

rhumbaflappy

Re: Turning Appended Shapes into FSX roads with traffic

Post by rhumbaflappy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 am

I think you could start a new project with the lines, select the lines icon, and then hold the keyboard ctrl key and left-click to select the lines ( in a box ). After selection, left go of the ctrl key , then right-click on one of the lines, and it should popup as ON MANY LINES... from there you can select the properties, and give the lines a type.

You can also select all the lines by selecting the lines icon, Select menu All Lines, then right-click to get ON MANY LINES.

It would have been easier have separate SHP files for each different type of line, then append those ( selecting the type at that time ).

Dick
Dick

Claviateur

Re: Turning Appended Shapes into FSX roads with traffic

Post by Claviateur » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks so much for the tutorial!

I tried it and it works perfectly :)

Cheers!
Michel