files folders and where to put everything

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Timber

files folders and where to put everything

Post by Timber » Tue May 18, 2010 4:49 pm

I have been reading thorugh several sites to try and get a handle on how to file the data and compiled scenery created using SBX.
I created a airstirp and as directed placed everyting in the SBX work folder. All is good. I then created another airstrip and did the same thing. I then had two sets of BMP's TXT SBP's and such in the Work folder.
Reading some posts that you can rename the generated >BMP's to something more logical. Also you can have each airstrip build in there own folder. I tried that but ran into a resample problem.
All this to ask if some one could please write up the steps for the corret way to file all this data or point me to an existing tutorial?

Regards

Timber

meshman

Re: files folders and where to put everything

Post by meshman » Wed May 19, 2010 4:38 am

Tutorial? Everyone has their own method of doing things, sometimes figured out through trial and error. You can set things up as you like and find a simple solution to one of the problems you point out.

If you rename the BMP file remember to rename the matching TXT file, in case you ever want to load things back into SBX. The Photo(xx).INF file would need to be edited to reflect your name change for the BMP file. Worried about the compiling? Just copy Resample.exe to each of the folders. That way you're just a drag-and-drop away from making a new BGL file.

As far as SBX, it's going to place the original work in the folder(s) specified in the SBuilder.INI file.
Lance

Timber

Post by Timber » Thu May 20, 2010 1:40 am

meshman wrote:Tutorial? Everyone has their own method of doing things, sometimes figured out through trial and error. You can set things up as you like and find a simple solution to one of the problems you point out.

If you rename the BMP file remember to rename the matching TXT file, in case you ever want to load things back into SBX. The Photo(xx).INF file would need to be edited to reflect your name change for the BMP file. Worried about the compiling? Just copy Resample.exe to each of the folders. That way you're just a drag-and-drop away from making a new BGL file.

As far as SBX, it's going to place the original work in the folder(s) specified in the SBuilder.INI file.
Thank you meshman, My first post was somewhat vague.
If i usnderstaned you correctly once I compile a project I can move everything from the SBX work folder to it's own folder; including a copy of the resample.exe, change the names of the bmp's, text file and also rename the bmp's in that projects .inf file?

Regards

Timber

Mojave

Post by Mojave » Thu May 20, 2010 7:29 pm

You don't need to copy resample.exe everywhere. You can leave it in one place, say the work directory, and then simply drag your inf files from other folders, your actual scenery folders, onto the resample.exe icon. It will compile BGL into the correct scenery folder.