SbuilderX shapefile import issue

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
PPoyares

SbuilderX shapefile import issue

Post by PPoyares » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:15 am

Good evening,

When I import any shapefile in Sbuilderx, the program crashes wthout showing any message. The data I'm trying to load is in WGS84 projection, fully compatible with FSX system. Any idea of what's goin' on? I'm running SBX on Windows 8 64 bit.

Regards,

Poyares

rhumbaflappy

Re: SbuilderX shapefile import issue

Post by rhumbaflappy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 pm

If you could zip the shapefile and attach it to a post, we could find the problem.

Dick
Dick

PPoyares

Post by PPoyares » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Dick. A curious fact is that I can import this shapefile with sucess on my windows 7 computer. But here in Windows 8, SBX crashes. Can't figure out why it happens. I've attached the file so you can download and import it in SBX.

Cheers

Poyares
Attachments
shapefile_ribeirao_preto.zip
Partial streetmap of ribeirao preto - Brazil
(134.61 KiB) Downloaded 1363 times

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:48 am

Hello,

I only have Windows 7 and I am using a new 64-bit SBuilderX. The programme crashes if I instruct it to import the name from your database. If I give the lines a fixed name I can import the lines.

I see that there are special characters in the name field and some streets have no name. I am not sure if this is the reason for the crash.

Cumprimentos, Luis Sá

PPoyares

Post by PPoyares » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:00 am

Hello Luis,

I decided to delete those attributes from the shapefile table keeping only the ID of the polylines and then import the shapefile giving a "fix name" to the lines as you did. It worked, the shapefile was imported with sucess. I just can't understand why those attribute fields would influence on the import process of a shapefile in SBX. It doesn't happen when I'm running SBX on Win7 x86 (maybe it's because it is x64).

Best regards,

Poyares