Big areas of photoreal

This is the Forum to discuss the use of SBuilderX (version 3.10 and above). For previous versions of SBuilder please use the "SBuilder for Flight Simulator FS2004" forum.
Hugopiugo

Big areas of photoreal

Post by Hugopiugo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Hi,
I want to create a big area of photoreal ground texture.
Has we all know, Sbuilder doesn't let us do big areas, so we have to do "small", then compile, then other "small" part, and so on.
I've tried to do this, and then, using a Multisource INF file, trying to "merge" all of them. But has I do it, I'd also want some of them (the ones that are in the edge with default FSX terrain) to fade a little bit into it, so that it doesn't appear to have those sharp photoreal edges with default terrain.
So, I create a blend mask to every texture I want to, and then merge them all, using of course the coordinates that each .INF file has when compiled.
The thing is, it works, but It has some bugs, so I think I'm doing something wrong. At the part of the blendmask it was white on FSX (I did it properly using a known tutorial), some images dissapear...
So, is there a easier way to do this? What am I doing wrong?

I know its a little confusing, but, I can do everything to simplify it.
Thanks.

luisfeliztirado

Re: Big areas of photoreal

Post by luisfeliztirado » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:00 pm

I'm not really sure what the problem is.

You write that some images disappear. Could you please give more details? Screenshots would help - full HD images not necessary. Cropped images showing just the problem area would be preferable.

Best regards.
Luis

Hugopiugo

Post by Hugopiugo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:08 pm

I've tried other way and even though it didn't work as I wanted it did work.
But the main question that I knew it was hard to understand (because it's hard to explain), is:
When we get a photoreal in sbuilder, it generates a .bmp with .txt that has coordinates.
I use a lot a multisource file to add water mask, and blend mask to that .bmp file.
The question was: Is it possible to create 3 .bmp's, each one with their own multisource (water and blend mask), and merge them? So that they get in the same .bgl?

luisfeliztirado

Post by luisfeliztirado » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Sorry for the late reply - August is a slow month when many of us are at the beach with families.

As you undoubtedly realize now, a Multisource control file will also let you join together multiple source images into one final file.

Best regards.
Luis