GE and google map (ptsim) have same images but not SBX

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update for 64-bit Windows platforms.
avin ban

GE and google map (ptsim) have same images but not SBX

Post by avin ban » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:23 am

Hi all,
I am wondering why Google earth,Google map and ptsim gmap have the same images for the area I am interested in but when I see the area in sbuilderx its different meaning the place is the same but the image is bad(blue hue and darker).I use the googleserver.dll 1.63.I am using the google satellite in sbuilderx.Why is there a difference? (3 same, 1 different)Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Avin

luisfeliztirado

Re: GE and google map (ptsim) have same images but not SBX

Post by luisfeliztirado » Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:00 am

Hello,

I am not completely sure, but I think that Google makes different images available for different purposes.

The best, most up-to-date source is reserved for Google Earth and its various applications, whereas downloaders and web crawlers/robots get access to older images.

I think that I read that Google tries to update images every year, so those newer images should eventually make their way into SBuilder.

I only have a vague notion about all of this, though. But Dick, who maintains the Google dll, could give a better understanding of the issue. Or you could just search the Web as others must have also discussed this.

Nonetheless, we have come very far in just a few short years, as I distinctly remember piecing together low resolution, black and white images in a very tedious manner in order to make backgrounds covering only small areas. What we have now is nirvana in comparison.

Best regards.
Luis

avin ban

Re: GE and google map (ptsim) have same images but not SBX

Post by avin ban » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Dear Luis,
Thank you very much for the information.As you have said,i will probably have to wait a little before getting the newer images in sbuilderx.
Best regards,
Avin