I am creating a repository of ...

This forum is dedicated to discussions about the SBuilderX update for 64-bit Windows platforms.
Luis Sa

I am creating a repository of ...

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:23 am

... all the source code of SBuilderX in github. At the moment I am verifying the compilation of my sources on Visual Studio 2017 and learning git and github!

In this way active users can discover and hopefully fix bugs and we all profit from that. When this is ready I will announce here!

Best Regards, Luis

rhumbaflappy

Re: I am creating a repository of ...

Post by rhumbaflappy » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Thank you, Luis!

Dick
Dick

Luis Sa

Re: I am creating a repository of ...

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:06 am

Hello,

I just post the following on FSDeveloper.

Dear SBuilderX users,

From time to time I see complaints about my absence in responding to questions related to SBuilderX. Actually, since 2010 I rarely use FS and most of the times I do not know (or I do not remember) the answers that users are looking for. Fortunately many users have helped me during revisions (last one was in April 2015) and I even get help from Luis Feliz Tirado to daily manage the Ptsim forum. There is a lot of spam there and new forum users need to be manually checked or the forum gets filled with rubish. Also Dick is also writing new plugins for the tile server and I am extremely grateful to him and all that respond and help SBuilderX users.

Since the tool is still in use and given that I am not able to give support or correct bugs, I decided to place the source code in github. The programme was last compiled using Visual Studio 2013 and now I am revising it using Visual Studio 2017 (the free version). It is written in Visual Basic and I never had the idea of it being placed in the public domain. So code documentation is almost nonexistent. Still to correct small bugs, I think it can be done by following the names of the routines to reach the culprit parts.

There still is a question that I need to check which is related to images obtained from tile servers. In 2008 I was extremely afraid of infringing copyrights and used the concept of external plugins that could get the tiles. But today I see many tools that get image from servers so I need to check this. I think there is no difference between the compiled or source code (one is a consequence of the other) in regard to this aspect. You can PM me if you have information on this and I will be very grateful for any feedback.

I am learning how to use git and github. I will write a notice here when I upload the files. As I plan to use parts of the code to write a tool to for my sailing hobby, I would be very interested in collaborating to improve the present code. My only limitation is with the "FS side" of the programme.

Best Regards, Luis