New Problem: Madeira Airport vanished

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Madeira Islands. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
benedikt

New Problem: Madeira Airport vanished

Post by benedikt » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:28 pm

After I used the little update to get rid of the
graphic-errors concerning the aircafts (files3.zip, see thread below: "Graphic Errors and no AI Traffic" ) and re-activating the scenery, Igot a new strange problem: At Madeira there are just the AI-Aircraft standing around on a nice, green meadow: No sign of the runway or the buildings - everything has vanished.

Any Ideas what this hat got to mean?

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:36 am

Hello,

I would strongly suggest you to download the full version. If you go to the support page and press the update for Madeira you will be asked to enter the Product Code.

Once you enter it, an email is sent to you with 2 links:

- one for the update (=small file =difficult installation) and
- another for the full version (=big file =easy install)

As you see on the quoted thread, after Nov 25, the 3 files are not needed. It is very difficult, if not impossible, to keep track of every possible combination of different files. At the time my post for the 3 files was a way to give a very fast answer to customers. Once the problem is solved and taken to the full version, it is better to get it.

I am sorry if I disapointed you but this is actually my suggestion for you.

Kind Regards, Luis

<font color="red">EDITED 5 MINUTES LATER</font id="red">

Hi again,

What you describe suggests that the 3 files were not placed where they should. But I am guessing ...

Luis

benedikt

Post by benedikt » Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:25 pm

To download the full package again was also my next guess, I did
the download already but didn#180;t have the time to test ist yet.
I will post here if this solves my problem.

Concerning the files3.zip: I put them in the Mad2003\scenery folder, what I think is correct because I got an "really over-write?" warning from windows, wich means those files -in their old version- were there before too.

Greetings form Berlin / Germany
Benedikt

benedikt

Post by benedikt » Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:56 am

As was to be expected downloading the complete package solved all my problems: Now everything runs smooth and as it should.

I have to say, I am very sorry that I got on your nerves with such a stupid problem, let us put it as a good expample that you should always make sure you have the newest version of a product bevor startig to complain about bugs. [;)]

Anyway: As always thank you very much for your help and your patience (even für dummys like me in this case)

Greetings from Berlin
Benedikt

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:10 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by benedikt</i>
<br />I have to say, I am very sorry that I got on your nerves with such a stupid problem, let us put it as a good expample that you should always make sure you have the newest version of a product bevor startig to complain about bugs. [;)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hi Benedikt,

No problem at all! I am really happy that everything is OK now! [:)]

Greetings from Coimbra,

Luis