Waves on the Runway

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Madeira Islands. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
cfelix

Waves on the Runway

Post by cfelix » Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:35 am

Since installing the "hard.zip" fix, I notice that there are waves breaking on the runway as I taxi down towards the "23" end. Is there something I need to do to get rid of this?

Charlie

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:45 pm

Hello,

I assume you mean the "standard" FS waves on the shorelines. Could you confirm that the cause is the presence/absence of hard.bgl? I have no clue why the small file could do that. Here is an explanation on the waves:

- all the island is completed encircled with a shoreline. It is possible to set ON/OFF the wave effect on the shoreline. However due to the way we have done the platform the wave effect is visible through all the 3D objects in LPMA. [:(]. In order to reduce this problem we deactivate the waves on the shoreline from about 1km before Rwy05 up to 1 km after Rwy 23 (west to east looking from south). May be we could switch OFF the waves at, say, 5 km from both ends of the airport. May be you could send me privately at screenshoot with the problem.

Regards, Luis