Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Portugal Terrain. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
Luis Sa

Re: Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:58 pm

Hello,

The BGLs are encrypted. Only the Setup will decifer them. Install and and uninstall with the Setup only!

Regards, Luis.

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Ok, thanks! And thanks also for a great Addon Scenery for FS! :)

Leonardo

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Ok now I have another problem :/

I installed PTT using the new installer to a temporary folder. I then proceeded to copy all the bgl and texture files to the respective scenery & texture folders of my FS9>Addon Scenery folder.
Once I load up FS9 I get an error on startup that says "Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight Simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space in your HD. Run disk cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again."
Well this makes no sense since I have 45+GB free on my HD :/
Also I used disk cleanup to clean up stuff just for the sake of it (cleaned up some 220mb), and I got the same error still...
Once I deleted all PTT files from my Addon scenery folder, FS ran with no problems whatsoever. Re-installing the files in the Addon scenery folder brought the problem back...
So what exactly is happening here? Does PTT HAVE to be installed in the pre-set path in the installer? Because that path wasn't even inside the FS9 folder...

EDIT: I tried re-installing in the pre-defined install path and realized that the installer no longer automatically adds the scenery areas to the scenery list of FS9 (which I believe the original installer did right?).
Anyways, after adding the PTT folders to my scenery areas in the FS9 menu, and after restarting the sim as required, the same error occurs and the sim shuts down before even loading :/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

Leonardo,

The Setup will copy the files and when it copies the files are deciphered. It adds entries (3) to the scenery.cfg. It replaces some original FS files keeping backups (suffix PTS). To return to the original only Setup should be used.

Do not try to uninstall manually. In the manual it is a description of these steps. Just ignore the parts that refer to codes, activation, passwords.

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Yes Luis I understand all of that and how the installation works, I dissected the manual lol.
But what I experienced is that even with the default installation to C://FS2004/PTT, this new installer doesn't create the entries in the scenery list.. But that's not really a problem since I can manually add the folders; the problem is that when the scenery is activated, FS9 won't run, giving me the error I pasted in my earlier post :/

Leonardo

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi Luis:

I also installed this package today using the latest FreeSetup.exe via the Download-linked ZIP file:

http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/PTTerrain.zip

...on this page:

http://www.ptsim.com/index.php/downloads1

This package was installed into a previously intact and fully functional FS2004.

When I started FS9 after the above installation was completed, I (also) got this error:

PT_Terrain_2004_Post_Install_Scenery_Cfg_Add_Area_Refresh_FS9_Startup_Error.jpg

NOTE: The error occurred during the very first startup of FS9, immediately after the Scenery.Cfg was updated, and before the FS main menus was able to be displayed.

The [FS9 install path]\Scenery.Cfg did contain the latter (3) Area layer entries for PT_Terrain set 'Active'.

If I manually edit those (3) Area layer entries and set "Active=FALSE":

[Area.056]
Title=Portugal Terrain by PTSim
Local=d:\FS2004\Addon Scenery\PT_TERRAIN
Active=FALSE
Remote=
Required=FALSE
Layer=55

[Area.057]
Title=Portugal LandClass by PTSim
Local=d:\FS2004\Addon Scenery\PT_TERRAIN\LandClass
Active=FALSE
Remote=
Required=FALSE
Layer=56

[Area.058]
Title=Portugal CustomLand by PTSim
Local=d:\FS2004\Addon Scenery\PT_TERRAIN\CustomLand
Active=FALSE
Remote=
Required=FALSE
Layer=57

...FS9 still crashes upon the next attempted startup. :-(

Attached please find a full install log generated by Revo Uninstaller; un-ZIP, and double-click the *.HTM file:

PT_Terrain_2004_Setup_Log_html.zip
(6.22 KiB) Downloaded 8506 times

BTW: I did not yet un-install PT_Terrain in case you need more info / testing.

PS: I'm wondering if the PT_Terrain BGLs that replaced the default BGLs (saved as these *.PTS files):

D:\FS2004\Scenery\Eurw\Scenery\
Name..............................................Type........................................Size (Bytes)
HL945170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................13,579
HL945180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................17,255
HL946170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................25,469
HL946180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................29,918
HP945170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................36,559
HP945180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................45,781
HP946170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................52,358
HP946180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................62,615
RD945170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................34,085
RD945180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................23,742
RD946170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................66,968
RD946180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................57,043
RR945170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................11,827
RR945180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................9,491
RR946170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................17,556
RR946180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................20,859
ST945170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................25,622
ST945180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................14,538
ST946170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................59,253
ST946180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................42,294
UT945170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................15,329
UT945180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................13,186
UT946170.PTS....................................PTS File....................................22,144
UT946180.PTS....................................PTS File....................................19,804

...still need to be decrypted ?

Hope this helps ! :-)

GaryGB
Last edited by GaryGB on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 pm

Hey Gary! Nice to see you here too!

I'm 'relieved' to know I'm not the only one experiencing this error! Though I find it weird that your Scenery cfg was edited by the installer and mine wasn't 0.o

Hopefully Luis can figure out what is it that is ruining what should be a perfectly simple clean installation of scenery!

Leonrado

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Hello Leonardo and GaryGB,

I need to run FS9. And I need to read again the PTT pdf. Wait until I try it.

The PTS files are the original BGLs. Running the uninstall they will be rename as BGLs!

Sorry Leonardo for not "believing" on your first report!

Regards, Luis

GaryGB

Post by GaryGB » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi Luis:

Please note that I goofed on my first attempt to attach the HTML install log ZIP :oops: ; it is now included above. :)

GaryGB

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:30 am

Hello,

I revised the whole FreeSetup programme and I found no problem EXCEPT THAT THE BGLs ARE JUST COPIED (NOT DECIPHERED!). I am trying to see if I can discover where I had the right set of BGLs or if I discovered the decipher part of the programme! Sorry!

I think you can run the UNINSTALL which deletes all the files on the Addon Portugal Terrain folder, removes the Areas created in Scenery.cfg and rename the *.PTS as *.BGL (the default BGLs kepted temporarily as PTSs will be available again). If you do that FS9 should start without problem. I am not able to run FS9 at this moment! I hope that the reason it did not start was wrong BGLs in the Addon Portugal Terrain folder! Fingers crossed! I will be working on this on the next hours!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:38 am

Olá Luis!

Thanks for taking the time to work this out!
And yes the uninstall works flawlessly, renaming the relevant default files back to their original names and states, making my installation of FS9 looking like it never had PTT installed there ever! ;)
It must definitely be the fact that the files aren't deciphered!

Also if you have the time could you check out the other thread I have in the SBuilder for FS2004 section 'Runtime Error 13 'Type Mismatch' when importing SBX file'? I have had a small hiccup regarding the conversion of SBX files which I had hope you could help me with!

A propósito, como perguntaste noutro post, sou Português sim ;)
Só escrevo sempre em inglês para a malta que veja os posts no futuro se tiver os mesmos problemas possa entender claro! :)

Obrigado/Thanks!

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:55 am

Viva Leonardo,

Julgava que eras italiano! :lol:

May be GaryGB can help us with the back conversion problem. During the test of revision 3.15 I wrote this tool as per his suggestion! I think you should be able to see the properties of a converted line despite the fact that it appears with a "type none" (estou escrevendo de cor, simplesmente não me recordo do tipo que elas ficam após conversão!). The lines and polys can not keep the type or properties they have in SBX14. For example polygons with holes do not exist in SB205!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:53 am

Italiano?? Haha nada disso! Lusitano com orgulho! :lol:

Yes I understand of course that SBX14 or 15 polygon and line types aren’t suported by 205, hence why I have no trouble in importing converted SBX files to 205 containing polygons only after I change the polygon type to any of the “Legacy_xxxxxx_type”, which I can edit in 205 with issues, it’s only lines that seem to not ‘like’ the conversion :/
One more question by the way; do you mean that I can’t make a polygon in SBX, make a hole in it, export as SBX file, convert to 205 Sbx file, and use the polygon with the hole in 205? :/
I know you can’t make holes in polys in 205, but I was hopeful I could ‘circumvent’ this by using this method I just reffered...

Leonardo

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:08 am

Hello Leonardo and GaryGB (and anyone trying to install Portugal Terrain)

I will possible delete these posts if I sort this out. You have FS9 and you can test the installation. I may have the original BGL files but I am not sure if they were the last revision before I release the scenery (either Online and on CD). The Online set of files are the ones you can download from the site except that the Setup.exe was replaced by a FreeSetup.exe. Unfortunately the FreSetup.exe does not deciphers the BGLs that exist in the folders bgl1 bgl2 and bgl2.

Now the CD version - it is exactly the same except that the Setup.exe that comes with it has an option to install the scenery without no need to be connected to the internet. When an user wanted to install the CD definitively in his computer, he pressed the 5th button on the bottom right corner and a code obtained from his machine was presented. Then the user send an email to PTSim and we (at that time) run a programme (called MakeCDComputerCode.exe) which takes the 8 digits sent by the user and generates the second set of 8 digits originating a 16 digit code (which would be only useful on the original PC machine - it would not work on a friends machine). Then we at PTsim used to send that final 16 digit code to the user and only then he could install the scenery.

(I am surprised how determined I was trying to fight piracy at that time!!!)

So I have placed here a ZIP:

http://www.ptsim.com/downloads/PTTerrainCD.zip

with 2 exe files inside (and a picture as well). One exe is the Setup.exe that was packed in the CD. The other is the MakeCDComputerCode.exe that we used to form a unique 16 digit code linked to a particular PC machine. If you place the Setup.exe instead of FreeSetup.exe you will discover your 8 digit from your PC. Then run MakeCDComputerCode.exe and get the full code. Return to Setup.exe and install. At the end the files which will appear in the Addon Scenery for Portugal Terrain will be the original unencrypted BGLs.

If you test this and confirm that FS will not crash (and if you see Vasco da Gama bridge in Lisbon, for example) then I will do the same here and will pack a new ZIP with the right files and with FreeSetup.exe!

Thanks for the help, Luis

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 am

Olá Leonardo,

Eu não sei se és programador e se consegues entender Visual Basic. Se for o caso no github está lá a fonte do conversor.

https://github.com/LuisVSa

Eu vou dar uma olhada para ver se recordo o que é convertido e o que não é convertido. Sugiro que continuemos esta discussão no outro post. Aliás penso que se a questão da instalação do PTT ficar resolvida tenho que arrumar isto aqui!

Abraço, Luis