Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

Look here for an answer to a problem that you encountered when using Portugal Terrain. Post a message here if you think that your problem can help others!
jrleitao

Re: Portugal Terrain - cannot reach PTSIM & runtime error 364

Post by jrleitao » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:23 pm

Hi Luis de Sá

Thanks for your effort to solve the instalation runtime error. With this new free version, at first I had same problem as Leonardo with a memory error advise and FS9 blocked, but after a lot of hours trying to understand what was happening,I tried a very simple thing: let Wndows (Win 7 Home Premium) solve the problem and let it to change compatibility mode of setup.exe to Win XP.
It worked fine with instalation process and FS9 as Portugal Terrain, so far, are working fine.
Now I'm going to the scenery explorer fase...

Thanks once again.
José

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:48 pm

Hello,

Thank you for posting this! I had no problem in running the "new" FreeSetup in my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. But others experimenting the problem that you refer to, will know what to do! Thanks!

Regards Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:28 pm

jrleitao wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:23 pm
Hi Luis de Sá

Thanks for your effort to solve the instalation runtime error. With this new free version, at first I had same problem as Leonardo with a memory error advise and FS9 blocked, but after a lot of hours trying to understand what was happening,I tried a very simple thing: let Wndows (Win 7 Home Premium) solve the problem and let it to change compatibility mode of setup.exe to Win XP.
Hey José,

When I got that error, it was actually due to the fact that at the time I used the installer Luis provided, which didn't decrypt the files, hence FS9 giving me that error on startup.
One Luis fixed that and I installed using the currently supplied installer in the Downloads page, no such issue occurred again!
But at least you found a possible solution for those that might come across this error with the current installer!
I'm somewhat in the exploring phase myself too haha :P

I will in the near future commence a project I have of adding lots of stuff to enhance Portugal Terrain for VFR exploring, which will include things from as many airstrips as I can find information on, to landmarks such as lighthouses, wind farms, and even castles!

Also to Luis, I would really like to to see what you got to say about these additions once I have finished them!
I
'll post screenshots in the screenshot thread here once I start to really get going with the project (which could be a while though). So stay tuned if you're interested!

Leonardo Santos

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:56 am

Hello Leonardo,

Some time in 2004, I visited almost all small airfields from Bragança ... to ... Lagos to take pictures of the hangars, surrounding buildings, towers, etc. I have the pictures with me. My idea was to build models of objects to add to the small airfields as for the main airports there were commercial add-ons available. For some airfields I corrected the photos to produce bitmaps to texturize the buildings. I think I have made some models but I can not find them anymore. But I have the original photos taken by me and some corrected bitmaps constructed from the photos. My idea was to enhance Portugal Terrain. Then, up to 2010, SBuilderX took almost my free time for FS. And in 2010 I switched my hobby to sailing!

If you want I can send all the pictures to you! It is a big ZIP!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:11 am

Hey Luis!

Well I'm not really an object designer myself haha, I was thinking on using generic buildings; But if you're willing to share those textures with me, then I am willing to at least try it out using SketchUp once I get some free time, and maybe who knows, get all the main airfields with custom buildings :)
Would you send a link through pm? Or email? Btw filesize isn't an issue (assuming its not 10GB+ haha)

Leonardo

theltalpha

Post by theltalpha » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:43 am

Hallo!

This is great news! Thank you, Luis, and all who contributed! Just to make it clear for me: The version which you can download now on the website already includes all bugfixes, patches, improvements ... which are mentioned in this thread so far? Or do you have to manually update something after the download and initial installation?

Thanks in advance for your answer!
Dimitris

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:53 am

Hello,

The version that you can download now does not need any patch or fix as far as I know!

Regards, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Leo2789 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:11 am
Hey Luis!

Well I'm not really an object designer myself haha, I was thinking on using generic buildings; But if you're willing to share those textures with me, then I am willing to at least try it out using SketchUp once I get some free time, and maybe who knows, get all the main airfields with custom buildings :)
Would you send a link through pm? Or email? Btw filesize isn't an issue (assuming its not 10GB+ haha)

Leonardo
Olá Luís, espero que esteja tudo bem consigo!

Nunca me chegou a dizer mais alguma coisa sobre estas fotografias!
O meu projecto vai andando, e entretanto aprendi a criar modelos 3D (do mais básico que há claro), portanto gostaria de tentar ao menos criar objectos fotoreais para os aerodromos!
Fico à espera que me diga qualquer coisa!

Obrigado!

Leonardo Santos

Luis Sa

Post by Luis Sa » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 am

Olá Leonardo,

Só agora vi este post. Vou tentar reunir as fotografias e os bitmaps e depois contacto-o!

Cumprimentos, Luis

Leo2789

Post by Leo2789 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Luis Sa wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 am
Olá Leonardo,

Só agora vi este post. Vou tentar reunir as fotografias e os bitmaps e depois contacto-o!

Cumprimentos, Luis
Olá Luis!

Sem problema! E muito obrigado, aguardo então pelo seu contacto!

PS: Se tiver interesse em dar uma olhadela no desenvolvimento do meu projecto, eu vou colocando updates regulares nesta thread: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threa ... ip.442495/

Cumprimentos,

Leonardo Santos